Right Where I Wanted To Be

Weblog of Bill Kargel...includes News, Observations, Anecdotes, Rants, Raves, and other Nonsense...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

Currently residing in Orlando, FL USA ...Visit my Facebook page for more information: http://www.facebook.com/wkargel

Friday, September 30, 2005

SPAMMING on Blogspot???

I get three replies to my last post, and what are they...? Well, basically SPAM! I find this very irritating! I post identical blogs at other locations, the most important besides this one being LiveJournal, and none of them have ever had this issue! You can look at my previous post, and then look at these responses...not at all related to my post! Ridiculous!

*****

annuity said...
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!I have a sell annuity payment site/blog. It pretty much covers sell annuity payment related stuff.Come and check it out if you get time :-)
8:39 AM

CyberSnowboarder said...
Your site's pretty slick! I run a site about Sedu hair styles and if your readers wanted to take a look, they could get there by clicking on Sedu hair styles.
8:40 AM

blogsurfer said...
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! I really like your blog. If you are interested, go see my weird ebay pulse auctions site. It's related to eBay auctions. You might find something to entertain you. :-)
12:13 PM

*****

Any way to ban these folks from Blogspot?


**** UPDATE ***** Looks like I figured it out on my own:

"If you've ever received a comment that looked like an advertisement or a random link to an unrelated site, then you've encountered comment spam. A lot of this is done automatically by software which can't pass the word verification, so enabling this option is a good way to prevent many such unwanted comments."


I have enabled the word verification feature, so that should help minimize such crap from showing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home